Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Miles of Smiles

Isn't it amazing when a baby smiles! Babies smile purely for the reason that they are happy to see your face! No hidden agenda, just pure love!!! It hit me the other day that God planned a baby's development in such a way that smiling is one of the FIRST signs we see of our baby's development other than the basic needs for survival (eating, sleeping, crying). They smile before they sit up, roll over, crawl, hold a object, cut a tooth, walk, talk, eat baby food, etc.... I believe this is God's way of reminding us how wonderful it is to smile at others. I know when my little Ava smiles at me, I feel like the most blessed person on the planet. It's a connection that is unspoken and yet speaks volumes. I know that no matter what kind of bad hair day I'm having, or a clothing crisis, or my face just broke out because I'm on my period... the best thing I can do for myself and others around me is to SMILE!! It's the best accessory item to wear and it never goes out of style.