Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mother's Day


This year was pretty special because I was able to spend it with BOTH my girls and my wonderful husband. Last year I was in the hospital waiting to give birth to Ava. My Mother's Day morning started out with a card from Ava that she held and handed to me. (Thank-you to George for his thoughtfulness), then we went and met Ashley for brunch at Granite City. Ashley had fresh cut lilacs and a card for me. The best part was that we all came back here to plant our first garden together. Our neighborhood for the first time was starting a community garden and we signed up for a 10x10 plot. Ashley and I planted marigold's around the border of our plot and then we planted tomato's, pepper's, broccoli, and cauliflower. George watched Ava dig in the dirt next to us and took lots of pictures. It was a great way to spend my Mother's Day and I feel humbled by how lucky I am for my family!!