Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ava's first day in Gymnastics




This winter I feel like we have been "homebound" more days than usual due to my twin pregnancy, so I decided about 4 weeks ago to get Ava involved in some outside activities and get me out of the house also. Tuesday mornings we try to plan a play date with someone, Thursday mornings is a reading group at Barnes and Nobles where they sing songs, have a story read out loud, and then a small craft time. Saturday mornings have been dedicated to gymnastics at a place close by called Leaps and Bounds. Ava loves the trampoline, balance beam, and the slides. She does not like the uneven bars or the songs and stretching exercises they begin with. My daughter Ashley comes along to help since it would be difficult for me to lift and jump with Ava (unless I want to start my labor). We are going to try and keep this schedule up after the twins are born so that Ava has some special time that is devoted just for her and hopefully ease the transition for her by two little ones joining the family.