Sunday, February 10, 2008

GAP MAN, My Valentine

As we draw close to Valentine's day I begin to reflect on Love and what it means in my life. Each year that passes, I feel like I understand the word better and what it looks like to live it. This is a lifelong learning curve and a wonderful ride to be on. It is preached and taught in churches across the world of how Jesus came to fill the GAP for our sins, that we may know the Father. He died on a cross to fill that GAP and give us eternal life. I am thankful for this sacrifice of pure love. God's love and provision has also granted me the opportunity to love and cherish an earthly "GAP" man. My husband George willingly fills the GAP for me and my shortcomings and loves me in spite of them. He is there for me when I need prayer and he stands in the GAP and prays for me. He is my intercessor. He is there for me when I'm frustrated about situations with Ashley and he stands in the GAP and takes the brunt of the conflict. He is Couragious and Fair. He is there to stand in the GAP regarding decisions and directons of our life and weighs the possible outcomes. He is a Leader and a Provider. He stands in the GAP when I need a person to share my feelings, emotions, thoughts and dreams with. He is my Friend, Partner and Lover. He Stands in the GAP when I may not deserve his love and respect and he offers himself to me anyway. He is Selfless and Committed. My husband is my earthly GAP man and I love him more each moment we share.