Monday, February 18, 2008

St. Valentine's Day


George and I shared our Valentines Day dinner with a few of our friends. Love is not just to share with your spouse, but with those around us. When I was single, many of my friends would get the blues around Valentine's day because they didn't have a boyfriend to celebrate with. I learned long ago that Valentine's Day was a special day to show love to your parents, siblings, children and friends. Ashley and I would get dressed up for Valentine's Day and have a special dinner together. Our traditional meal when I was single, was BLT's. It was special because we were thankful to share this day together. Friends sometimes joined us in this little tradition and I never felt that I was missing out on a big day that is traditionally dubbed as a "couples" day. This Valentine's day dinner did not include the BLT's but I'm sure glad that I spent it with friends and with my spouse. It was filled with laughter, good conversation, and most of all love.