Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Labor Class

Tonight George and I had our first labor class together. Although the information and how it was presented was very elementary and basic, it was exciting to share this moment together and know that we are truly on our way to experiencing the birth of our child! The best part for me was to be able to sit on a exercise ball while George gave me the "double hip" pressure release. It actually relieved some of my lower back pain. I was also pleasantly surprised with the suggested items we could bring into the birthing suite. Some things have progressed since I had Ashley twenty-one years ago and other things unfortunately have stayed the same. George's favorite part of the evening was the short video we saw on a couples journey through the birth of their child. He was glad to see that he can be an important part of how the labor progresses. George and I couldn't stop giggling during the breathing relaxation techniques and I am glad we have only one other class to practice this. Our next class is on pain relief and the last class we will be taking a tour of the labor/delivery suites. We have also enrolled in a baby CPR class and will be attending a parenting seminar next weekend through River Valley Church. March is our month of preparation!!!