Saturday, October 18, 2008

Carving Pumpkin's- A study of patience




Thursday evening after Ava went to bed, George and I decided to carve pumpkins together. I pulled out a book of stencils that I had bought several years ago and have yet to use. After I read the instructions for how to use the stencils on your pumpkins, I opted to go for the quick and easy route and George, being the patient man that he is, picked a stencil marked "difficult".
Two hours later, George ended up with a GREAT looking pumpkin and I ended up with a basic design that took me 20 minutes. I have posted pictures of the pumpkins next to each other. It goes to show you that patience is a virtue that can take you further than the fast and easy route. Unfortunately, our cat Opal decided to bite off one of the tower's of George's pumpkin right after these photo's were taken. Ironically, then George lost his patience!!!