Wednesday, October 27, 2010

90 Days in Training

A friend of mine sent me a blog invite that she is doing a 90 day fitness training and encouraged others to join her. I would love to allocate some time for working out but it seems unlikely at this time in my life. However, I did take her challenge seriously and what I needed even more than a physical workout was a spiritual one. I am sad to say that I have not picked up my Bible since the twins have been born. So with that said, I am on a 90 day spiritual journey and have been reading my Bible daily. I'm one third of the way (30 days) in and feel so much more peace. You know how good you feel when you start working out physically-more energy, better moods, etc. I can honestly say I am reaping some of those same benefits. I feel better about life and feel more equipped to handle the pitfalls that come along. Additionally, I feel more connected and less cynical about the world around me. I'm thankful that I have friends that will challenge and encourage me. (Thanks Rapture!)