Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ava in dance class


We signed Ava up for a Mommy and Me dance class at the Elkhart YMCA and the first 4 weeks of the class she did not want to participate. I even had her sister Ashley come one week, her friend Sophia come the next, and her Dad took a try at it also. All were unsuccessful. So what motivates a 2 year girl to dance in dance class???? Answer: Curious George fruit snacks! I was so excited that she did all the moves and told George how well she did and when we got home, George asked her "Do you like dance class now?" Ava: "No, but I got a monkey George fruit snack" I think she is smarter than we give her credit for. Since that day she has participated in each class (without the motivating fruit snack) and we have re-signed her up for another session. By now I think she is starting to enjoy it and looks forward to time with Mommy without the twins.