Monday, December 29, 2008

Time!!

I was reading Terri Curtis's Blog (link is located on this blog) about rethinking Christmas and watched some of the video clips and the comments about how we spend our time. I agree that time is one of our most precious resources. The richest rich and the poorest poor all have the same resource of "time." You cannot earn time, buy it, or save it for another day. However you can WASTE your time. We are all born with a certain amount of time on this earth and we do not have the ability to know if tomorrow is our last day or if we have another 20 years. Jesus died at the age of 33. I think about all the things I have wasted my time on and it seems overwhelming. I'm currently reading a book about raising children and the theme of time keeps reoccurring over and over. Your TIME is the best present you can give your children, your friends, and family. When I reflect about our Christmas this year, I will never remember what was bought and who got what. What I will remember is the TIME that was shared with people that matter. As we approach another new year, I hope that I can keep this in the forefront of my mind so that I can make good use of my time and share it with others. Have a safe and Happy New Year!!!