Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tradegy in Toronto

Every year George travels to Louisville for the RV Manufacturers show and this year brought sad news. George's dealer in Toronto is suffering the unthinkable!
His daughter was murdered on Saturday from multiple stab wounds and her husband and two of their sons (3 & 5 years old) are fighting for their lives in critical condition. The other two boys (11 & 13) hid upstairs and were unharmed. The daughter also worked at the dealership and George just saw her in October. It's a very sad circumstance and it was by someone they knew who had come to their oldest son's birthday party. The man that committed these vicious acts was shot by police at the scene and he was known to have a history of mental illness and recently lost his wife to cancer and lost custody of his son. When I hear stories like this it makes me sad that desperation and despair were the catalyst that tipped the scales for this already mentally ill man, but it makes me the saddest to hear that innocent lives will forever be change by this event. As hard as I search, pray, and try to understand, I will never understand why God allows innocent people to suffer on this earth. It will likely be a mystery to me until I can ask this question one day in person. Until then, I will continue to search for answers and pray for wisdom.